Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a recipe torn from an Australian Womens Weekly - I made one large tart but you could make individual ones if you wished.You could also use a pre made pastry shell.
- 1 large leek, wash well and slice finely
- 20 g butter
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 300 g sour cream, lite is fine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grated tasty cheese
- salt and pepper
- shortcrust pastry, I used 2 sheets of frozen pastry
- Melt butter in pan, add sliced leek.
- Cook, stirrng for 3 minutes till soft, remove from heat.
- Place thawed spinach into sieve and press to remove excess water.
- Add to leek mixture.
- Combine sour cream and eggs in a bowl.
- Stir in leeks,spinach,cheese and salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 190 C.
- Lightly grease pie tin.
- Line tin with pastry, prick base with fork.
- Bake pastry for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Kate, this was a wonderful tasty recipe. I did however add 1/2 cup crumbled feta and 2 cloves crushed garlic. We will be enjoying this again. Thank you Kate. Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap #24, Jan'o8.
This was pretty good. I think I put too much spinach in it. I also used my own Savory Steak Seasoning (For All Types of Meat) in it too to give it a little bit more flavor. It was easy to make. I used a glass dish, so I lowered the oven temp to 325. and baked it longer. I think it took nearly an hour to bake. I also made it without crust and it was still good. I will make this again but use little bit less spinach. Thanks for posting your recipe sister gypsy Made for ZWT 4 Italy and the Cafe ZMAKK Gypsies.
this is wonderful. I used low fat swiss and some gouda as the cheeses. I can't believe i am enjoying my vegetables :) Next time i will get some soft mild goat cheese too.