Recipe by michaela1112
Serve as a side dish with steak or roast chicken, or enjoy two turnovers as a meatless entrée. They are great made ahead and brown-bagged; reheat in a microwave or toaster oven.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 3 cups kale (chopped, 1 small bunch)
- 6 ounces spinach (fresh baby)
- 12 teaspoons black pepper (freshly ground)
- 14 teaspoons salt
- 18 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 34 cups feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 dinner roll (ounce can refrigerated dinner roll dough such as pillsbury)
- cooking spray
- 212 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add kale and spinach; sauté 8 minutes or until kale is tender. Stir in pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in feta.
- Separate dough into 8 pieces. Roll each dough piece into a 5-inch circle. Spoon about 1/3 cup kale mixture on half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over kale mixture until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge of dough over top edge; crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat turnovers with cooking spray; sprinkle each turnover with about 1 teaspoon Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving; serve warm or at room temperature.