Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The fruit and goat cheese add lots of great flavor. Can add some red onion for more kick. My wife and I love it! A tasty and guiltless dinner item.
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and sliced
- 12 ounces kale or 1 bunch kale
- 12 ounces spinach
- 2 ounces goat cheese or 2 ounces other flavorful crumbled cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange section
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken, or get it precooked (like I did -- it's easy). Slice the fruit.
- Combine strawberries, oranges, honey, balsamic vinegar, and half of the olive oil. Set aside and let rest.
- Remove and discard stalks from kale and spinach. Tear into manageable pieces, but keep kale and spinach separate.
- Cover kale with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Then, crush (or 'massage') the kale until it start to soften.
- Mix everything together, and top with almonds, goat cheese, and black pepper.
Great. Easy to follow and make. Perfect to make during this heat wave. I added some fresh cucumbers from the garden. I think fresh blueberries would be a good addition.
Amazing! I've made many spinach salads with fruit and chicken, but this one stands head and shoulders above them all. This is now a family favorite. I substitute other fruit if strawberries aren't available, and it's just as tasty. HIGHLY recommend giving this one a try!