Recipe by Snowpeas
An unusual use of two greens that actually tastes pretty good. Substitute any of the cheeses and tortillas with your preferences. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some salsa.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and chopped
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 20 small flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray large casserole dish with non-stick spray (you may need 2 dishes).
- Mix cream cheese and 1/2 of the salsa verde.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated cheese and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto tortilla.
- Add chopped spinach and kale on top of mixture - about 1/4 cup.
- Roll tortilla and place in casserole dish.
- Repeat until done.
- Note: Place enchiladas close to each other.
- Pour remaining salsa verde onto enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 305 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add the greens to the cheese mixture and spreading it all on at once.
- Add mushrooms.
- Use more salsa verde.
- Use corn tortillas.