Recipe by FunkyVegan18
This is a recipe I tweaked slightly from Bunny Toy's "Spinach Ricotta" found on vegweb.com. It's very simple and really delicious, especially if you're an olive fiend like me!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Very good vegan dish! The addition of kalamatas and spinach did help to disguise the taste of tofu in the filling (admittedly, the first bite or two tasted pretty tofu-ey, but I didn't notice it after that). Nice and speedy, and you're likely to have most of the ingredients on hand already. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spinach (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 manicotti
- 1 (26 ounce) jarroasted garlic tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the tofu.
- Mix together the drained tofu, spinach, olives, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, oregano, and olive oil in a food processor.
- Mix until smooth and similar in consistency to ricotta cheese.
- Spread about 1/4 of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Stuff the uncooked manicotti noodles with the tofu/spinach/olive mixture.
- Place the noodles on top of the sauce in the glass baking dish.
- Cover the noodles with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover dish with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and bake an additional 10 - 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!