Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
From the New York Daily news, with a little tweaking by the Dornettes.
Make and share this Spinach and Gruyere-Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow, large roasting pan.
- Bake them for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Note: All this can be done in the microwave, 4 potatoes should take about 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the interior flesh.
- Leave the skins intact.
- Place the potato pulp in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over low heat.
- Put the spinach in the pan with a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Set aside in a colander to drain, then chop.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and add the nutmeg, paprika, butter, egg yolk, cheese, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well with an electric mixer or potato masher.
- Carefully spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Place the stuffed potatoes into the roasting pan and bake at 375 degrees until light golden-brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Great potato's! I used approx 5 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry, just because this time of year its more difficult to buy fresh. Next time (Mirj you don't want to read or hear this, so cover your eyes and ears) I like to add some fried and chopped bacon to the mix.