1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From the New York Daily news, with a little tweaking by the Dornettes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the potatoes in a shallow, large roasting pan.
- 3Bake them for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Remove the potatoes from the oven and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes or so.
- 5Note: All this can be done in the microwave, 4 potatoes should take about 15 minutes.
- 6Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the interior flesh.
- 7Leave the skins intact.
- 8Place the potato pulp in a bowl.
- 9Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over low heat.
- 10Put the spinach in the pan with a pinch of salt.
- 11Cook until the spinach wilts.
- 12Set aside in a colander to drain, then chop.
- 13Place the spinach in a bowl and add the nutmeg, paprika, butter, egg yolk, cheese, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Mix well with an electric mixer or potato masher.
- 15Carefully spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
- 16Place the stuffed potatoes into the roasting pan and bake at 375 degrees until light golden-brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Gruyere-Stuffed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 184.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.4 g