Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
From the New York Daily news, with a little tweaking by the Dornettes.
Make and share this Spinach and Gruyere-Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow, large roasting pan.
- Bake them for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Note: All this can be done in the microwave, 4 potatoes should take about 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the interior flesh.
- Leave the skins intact.
- Place the potato pulp in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over low heat.
- Put the spinach in the pan with a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Set aside in a colander to drain, then chop.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and add the nutmeg, paprika, butter, egg yolk, cheese, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well with an electric mixer or potato masher.
- Carefully spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Place the stuffed potatoes into the roasting pan and bake at 375 degrees until light golden-brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.