Recipe by Debbie R.
This is from "Best of African Regional Cooking". It's simple but great. I didn't drain the spinach after cooking; just used it with a small amount of water in the last step
Top Review by Debbwl
This side is so healthy, quick and easy that is perfect for hurry weeknights. The flavors are clean and simple which enables it to pair up with a verity of main dishes. We loved the addition of peanuts, made as written. Thanks for the post.
- 283.49 g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml oil
- 59.14 ml chopped unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach in 1 T. water until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry onions in oil until golden.
- Add onions to spinach with peanuts and 2 T. water. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer several minutes to blend flavors.
- NOTE: This would work w/other greens too: pumpkin, bean, sweet potato and casava leaves.