1/3 Photos of Spinach and Green Pea Soup
Panda Rose's Note:
A deep green fresh tasting soup. Does not need flour for thickening so is low carb and is absolutely delish. Everything is from the freezer or storecupboard and so it can be made in a few minutes. From Evelyn Roses International Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop onion and saute in butter until sotf and golden.
- 2Add the stock defrosted sinach and peas.
- 3Cook partially covered until the peas are done.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and mint leaves.
- 5Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 6Puree until smooth.
- 7Heat the milk and add the puree (use the same pan!).
- 8Leave to stand for a few hours for the flavour to develop (unless you are in a hurry).
- 9Reheat to serve and garnish with pine kernels or any other nuts that you prefer.
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Green Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 594.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: