A deep green fresh tasting soup. Does not need flour for thickening so is low carb and is absolutely delish. Everything is from the freezer or storecupboard and so it can be made in a few minutes. From Evelyn Roses International Cookbook
- Finely chop onion and saute in butter until sotf and golden.
- Add the stock defrosted sinach and peas.
- Cook partially covered until the peas are done.
- Season with salt and pepper and mint leaves.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Puree until smooth.
- Heat the milk and add the puree (use the same pan!).
- Leave to stand for a few hours for the flavour to develop (unless you are in a hurry).
- Reheat to serve and garnish with pine kernels or any other nuts that you prefer.