Recipe by Panda Rose
A deep green fresh tasting soup. Does not need flour for thickening so is low carb and is absolutely delish. Everything is from the freezer or storecupboard and so it can be made in a few minutes. From Evelyn Roses International Cookbook
Top Review by French Tart
A fabulous and very filling soup with a very appealing colour! I made this exactly as posted with the exception of the pine nuts, I went to the cupboard, and the cupboard was bare of pine nuts! We ate this for lunch with Recipe #295645. A delightfully easy soup to rustle up and perfect for a dull, wet day. Made for PAC Autumn 2008 - thanks Panda! FT:-)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 large onion
- 725 ml vegetable stock
- 450 g frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (10 grinds)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 525 ml skim milk
- 1 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onion and saute in butter until sotf and golden.
- Add the stock defrosted sinach and peas.
- Cook partially covered until the peas are done.
- Season with salt and pepper and mint leaves.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Puree until smooth.
- Heat the milk and add the puree (use the same pan!).
- Leave to stand for a few hours for the flavour to develop (unless you are in a hurry).
- Reheat to serve and garnish with pine kernels or any other nuts that you prefer.