Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy and tasty alternative to the whole bird.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (300 g) package spinach
- 300 g soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 (3 lb) skinless boneless turkey breasts
- butter (softened)
- Cook bacon in a pan. Crumble and put in a mixing bowl. Sautee onion and garlic in bacon drippings. Drain and place in bowl with bacon. Mix in egg, spices, spinach, and cheese.
- Slice the turkey breast and open like a book. Apply spinach and cheese mixture to one inch from edges.
- Roll tightly and keep in place with butcher's twine. Smear on butter.
- Wrap in foil and place in oven at 350°F Cook until internal temperature reaches 165F (about 1 1/2 hrs).
- Unwrap and slice like a loaf of bread.