Recipe by MariaCBarton
This recipe takes a little bit of work -- but the result is well worth it! How can you go wrong with creamy goat cheese, spinach, and bacon, all stuffed inside of chicken?
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and this was delicious. I did add some minced garlic and a little more goat cheese than stated. I also used an egg to dip my chicken in and seasoned panko crumbs topped with paprika and olive oil. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 chicken breasts)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (Oscar Mayer real bacon bits)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add spinach and real bacon bits, continue to cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat to cool.
- Prepare chicken breasts by trimming any visible fat and cutting into the side to form a pouch.
- Once spinach mixture has cooled, crumble goat cheese over it and combine.
- Stuff spinach mixture into chicken breasts and seal with toothpicks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg, then coat well with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray each chicken breast with olive oil cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.