Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe takes a little bit of work -- but the result is well worth it! How can you go wrong with creamy goat cheese, spinach, and bacon, all stuffed inside of chicken?
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 chicken breasts)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (Oscar Mayer real bacon bits)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add spinach and real bacon bits, continue to cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat to cool.
- Prepare chicken breasts by trimming any visible fat and cutting into the side to form a pouch.
- Once spinach mixture has cooled, crumble goat cheese over it and combine.
- Stuff spinach mixture into chicken breasts and seal with toothpicks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg, then coat well with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray each chicken breast with olive oil cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and this was delicious. I did add some minced garlic and a little more goat cheese than stated. I also used an egg to dip my chicken in and seasoned panko crumbs topped with paprika and olive oil. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.
This recipe was delicious and will find its way into our regular rotation. The only changes I made were to leave out the bacon and use panko bread crumbs. I saut?ed everything in a cast iron skillet and then roasted the chicken breast in the oven in the same skillet. Next time, I would saut? the top of the panko-covered stuffed breast before putting it in the oven.