Recipe by KLBoyle
The flavors in this dish are amazing, evrything melds so well. This is a super simple meal that will definitley impress!
Top Review by CAREBEARCOOKING
The flavor was amazing, regardless of any previous post, lol. Simply because my DH said to put this on the recommended list! We had some goat cheese left over from New Year's Eve and thought we would try this. My DH approved and he is NOT of fan of spinach(I used fresh) and only had the goat cheese once before in a salad. No roasted peppers were in house, so they were omitted. Suggestion: The order of ingredients is not as actually used. Also, a specified time in the oven would be helpful(I baked them @ 350 for 30 minutes).
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (such as chevre)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a bowl, mix spinach, goat cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper until well combined.
- Lay pounded chicken breast out and place 1/4 of cheese mixture on top. Roll chicken breast and secure with toothpicks (I usually use about 3 each piece).
- Dredge chicken in flour and brown on all sides in heated skillet.
- Remove chicken and place in oven while completing dish.
- Add 2 tbs. oil in skillet and add garlic, onion, thyme, 1/8 teaspoons salt and red pepper flakes. Cook 3-4 minute then add 1 tbs. flour. Cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in stock and cook 4-5 minute until thickened.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and roasted peppers.
- When plating, slice each breast about 1/2 inches thick and spoon sauce on top.