Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The flavors in this dish are amazing, evrything melds so well. This is a super simple meal that will definitley impress!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (such as chevre)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a bowl, mix spinach, goat cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper until well combined.
- Lay pounded chicken breast out and place 1/4 of cheese mixture on top. Roll chicken breast and secure with toothpicks (I usually use about 3 each piece).
- Dredge chicken in flour and brown on all sides in heated skillet.
- Remove chicken and place in oven while completing dish.
- Add 2 tbs. oil in skillet and add garlic, onion, thyme, 1/8 teaspoons salt and red pepper flakes. Cook 3-4 minute then add 1 tbs. flour. Cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in stock and cook 4-5 minute until thickened.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and roasted peppers.
- When plating, slice each breast about 1/2 inches thick and spoon sauce on top.
The flavor was amazing, regardless of any previous post, lol. Simply because my DH said to put this on the recommended list! We had some goat cheese left over from New Year's Eve and thought we would try this. My DH approved and he is NOT of fan of spinach(I used fresh) and only had the goat cheese once before in a salad. No roasted peppers were in house, so they were omitted. Suggestion: The order of ingredients is not as actually used. Also, a specified time in the oven would be helpful(I baked them @ 350 for 30 minutes).
This recipe was just okay. For once I'd like to see a recipe that isn't described as "amazing" or "awesome" when it's not.
I didn't have the roasted peppers, but it came out delicious. I used goat feta and fresh spinach. I also used less thyme than recommended. Overall, tastier than I had anticipated. I was thinking I had to season the chicken first because it might come out bland, but there was so much flavor in the broth that I didn't even notice! I did see that the recipe didn't have a time for how long the chicken should be in the oven. But the slices of chicken were so thin that they cooked quickly on the stove. I highly recommend it. Very juicy and flavorful. I had a kick to it! Next time I would probably not put as much red pepper flakes in it so my child could eat it.