1/3 Photos of Spinach and Goat Cheese Hashbrowns Nests
May I Have That Recipe's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: When we saw the simply potatoes contest we immediately thought of making potato nests. They are delicious and simple to make, the spinach and the goat cheese gives them a nice creaminess. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat oven at 400°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and lemon pepper. Mix well making sure the potatoes are coated with oil.
- 3Spray a non-stick 12 cup- muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 4Carefully arrange hashbrowns evenly in each muffin cup, pressing the sides and forming a small well in the center.
- 5Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes, until they start to brown lightly. Set aside. Reset the over to 375°F.
- 6In the mean time, squeeze water out of t he spinach and sauté in remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes, a pinch of salt and a pinch of garlic powder. Cook at medium heat for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 7In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and milk and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- 8In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add goat cheese and spinach-sundried tomato mixture. Mix well.
- 9Fill the potato cups with the egg mixture and bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before un molding. Un mold carefully using a butter knife around the sides of the nests.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Goat Cheese Hashbrowns Nests
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 483.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: