Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very tasty and quick dish that is sure to please your family.
Make and share this Spinach and Garlic Penne Pasta With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon to a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Reheat frying pan, add butter and olive oil and heat.
- Stir in garlic and saute until soft.
- Add spinach, stirring until spinach is cooked.
- Add pasta and stir until blended.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto individual serving plates.
- Scatter bacon over top and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This is a very unique way to prepare pasta with a very light sauce. It tasted like a variation of pasta al carbonara. Served piping hot onto warmed pasta bowls it tasted fine but once it started to cool even a small amount it wasn't as good. I would maybe try this again as a lunch but it didn't fit the bill exactly for a dinner recipe especially since I have a toddler. A solid recipe just not for everyone's taste.