- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed (prefer baby leaves)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (add more if you prefer)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil (something light tasting)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt, more to taste if needed, I add more)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (less if you don't care for the taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put spinach in a salad spinner and dry well. (or use paper towels). Remove stalks if any.
- If using large leaves, roll up tightly and cut crossway in wide strips. (if using baby leave alone).
- Heat wok to medium heat. Add sesame seeds, and dry fry stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to wok and swirl around. When hot, add the salt, spinach and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the spinach just wilts a bit and the leaves are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle over dry-heated sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- I love this with some naan bread.