Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
Add some chicken and you have a meal.
Make and share this Spinach and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Put spinach in a salad spinner and dry well. (or use paper towels). Remove stalks if any.
- If using large leaves, roll up tightly and cut crossway in wide strips. (if using baby leave alone).
- Heat wok to medium heat. Add sesame seeds, and dry fry stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to wok and swirl around. When hot, add the salt, spinach and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the spinach just wilts a bit and the leaves are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle over dry-heated sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- I love this with some naan bread.
Yum, love spinach and this was a nice and easy way to eat it. Thanks! Made for the Greens game in the Diabetic forum. :D
This is an excellent simple recipe and so good for you! I serve with precooked chicken breast slices.
For history buffs, this was Michael Angelo's favorite dish, but , with a few changes.
Olive oil, crushed garlic cloves (the more the better), fresh leafy spinach (rinsed), and a sprinkle of coarsely ground salt. All these simple ingredients cooked in that order make an absolutely fantastic AND healthy side dish. I sometimes make it a main dish with a really good, crusty loaf of bread and a glass of wine....mmmmmmm.