Recipe by PaulaG
This was a recipe that was posted on Krafts website. I made several adjustments and served it with Chef Marie's Basil Garlic Citrus Vinaigrette for a wonderful salad.
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄2 medium mcintosh apple, diced
- 1⁄2 medium granny smith apple, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ascorbic acid (optional)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, washed and torn into bite site pieces
- basil garlic citrus vinaigrette dressing (Basil Garlic Citrus Vinaigrette)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries, apples, sprinkle lightly with asorbic acid if using.
- Add the onions, cilantro and jalapeno pepper mixing well.
- Allow fruit to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place spinach in a large bowl, add fruit and toss to mix.
- Pour on a citrus vinaigrette dressing to suit your taste and serve on chilled salad plates.