Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
- 4 -5 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 1 (6 ounce) package spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups red wine
- Lay the lamb out flat on work surface, skin side down, pound to thin out as much as you can.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for filling.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture on the lamb evenly.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Tie with string at 1" intervals.
- Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 325 degrees and roast for an additional hour.
- Test for doneness.
- Remove lamb from pan and deglaze with wine.
- Allow the lamb to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serve with pan drippings.