Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like a spinach pie stuffed into chicken breasts! These chicken breasts are very easy to make but nice enough for company. Super easy, but lots of flavor.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen spinach, drained
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine spinach, bacon, feta cheese, cottage cheese, chopped onion, one teaspoon lemon juice, parmesan cheese and the egg and mix well.
- Make a small slice in the side of the chicken breast and stuff with the spinach mixture.
- Saute the chicken breasts in the butter until lightly browned on each side.
- Sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and whatever other spices you would like.
- I usually sprinkle a little of this and that, a little onion powder and a little cayenne pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
This recipe is great!! Everyone in the family loves it!!
I thought this was fantastic. My husband isn't a big fan of feta, and thought the flavor was a bit overwhelming. Next time I might try this with a milder-flavored cheese. Thanks for the idea, though!