Recipe by Amber Dawn
This dish is brimming with lots of spinach, onion and feta. Serve it up with steamed rice for a complete meal. Or try it over a bed of mixed greens. Found this through WW, only 5 pts per serving.
Top Review by BonnieZ
We enjoyed this recipe. I did butterfly and pound thin my chicken breasts as they were monsters and added a bit of fresh dill to the spinach filling and used fat free feta. After browning stovetop I did finish the cooking in the oven. Wonderful! Thank you Amber Dawn for sharing the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil; sauté onion until golden, 5 minutes.
- Wilt spinach (steam spinach or heat damp spinach over medium heat in nonstick pan); stir in zest, feta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between chicken breasts.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks.