Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This bread is just delicious. Sure to be a hit at a spring brunch or a shower. Prep time includes time to rise.
- 1 lb bread dough (can use frozen or your own)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine feta and next 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll dough into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread spinach mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place roll, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Cut diagonal slits into top of the roll using a sharp knife.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the roll.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
This bread was served as the first round appetizer and was gone in a flash. I forgot to put the parm cheese on so added grated asiago the last 15 minutes of baking.