Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spinach and feta scones with a bit of green onion for added flavor. I admit I have not tried these. I'm posting it for an ISO request on the recipe board.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dry crumbled oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 7 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In 2 Tablespoons of the oil, sauté onions until they begin to brown.
- Let cool.
- Beat eggs until foamy; blend in remaining oil, milk and sautéed onions.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, oregano, salt and garlic powder.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in spinach and feta cheese.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
This is pretty good !! I used frozen spinach :( probably won't do that again ! next time I'm considering sour creme and poppyseeds too