Recipe by jencrick
My neighbor gave me this salad and dressing recipe and I make it all the time. I eat it as a main dish and add some steak strips, grilled chicken, or hard boiled eggs.
- 6 ounces spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons citrus juice (Orange juice, Grapefruit juice, lemonade)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt light butter and brown sugar in oven proof pan. Add pecans to coat. Put pan in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan and transfer to waxed paper.
- Combine all remaining salad ingredients in large bowl and add cooled pecans.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container and mix well.