Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
All the lovely flavours of spanakopita in a healthful quinoa salad that is pretty easy to make - once you have everything in the pot you can pretty much just sit back and wait for it to finish cooking. The spinach and feta flavour combination works really well in the quinoa salad and the one thing that I like the most, outside of the flavour, is how light and fresh the quinoa salad seems.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 bunch spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth or water)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup dill (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1⁄4 cup feta (crumbled)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, parsley, dill and season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and hit it with a splash lemon juice and mix in the feta.