Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is great as a party appetizer or a full meal. Tasty, full of flavor AND good for you. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! Our favorite quick meal!
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
I made this as an appetizer to our Greek meal this evening. I LOVE this recipe ! I can't have pita as I'm allergic to wheat so I used a simple slice of white GF bread and I couldn't made two or three and made it as a meal. DH really enjoyed his on a pita as a nice light, after work snack. Thanks for a lunch/snack recipe I'll be turning to often, EK ! Made during ZWT#9 for my team, Tasty Testers :)
- 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
- 1 (6 ounce) package sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (plum)
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread, and place them pesto side up on a baking sheet. Top with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until pita breads are crisp. Cut into quarters and serve.