1 hr 30 mins
This pie makes a great looking dish for a brunch or a lovely plate for a luncheon with a light mixed baby greens salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pastry to fit the size or your baking dish, (I use a 9 inch regular Pyrex pie plate or a 9 x 9 inch square pan), then keep it covered with a damp cloth.
- 2Prepare the spinach.
- 3Heat the oil and saute the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
- 4Add the spinach and stir for 5 minutes over a medium heat then increase the heat to evaporate any moisture.
- 5Leave to cool then mix in the dill, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 6Brush the baking dish with melted butter.
- 7Brush 8 layers of pastry with butter and lay them in the bottom of the dish.
- 8Spread with the filling, then cover with the remaining pastry, brushing each one with melted butter and scoring the top into diamond shapes.
- 9Sprinkle with water and bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 10Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve with crisp lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 763.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.4 g