Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a NZ cookbook....a popular weekend lunch for us now.
Make and share this Spinach and Feta Phyllo Parcels recipe from Food.com.
- Squeeze spinach dry.
- Combine spinach, cottage and feta cheeses, pine nuts, egg, garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To make each 'parcel', place a sheet of phyllo on a flat surface.
- Brush with melted butter, Top with another sheet of phyllo, brush again with melted butter, then fold in half to make a rectangle.
- Spoon spinach mixture along one narrow end of the pastry.
- Fold edges in and roll up to encase filling.
- Place parcels on an oven tray brushed with butter.
- Brush parcels with remaining butter.
- Bake at 190°C for 12-15 minutes until golden.
An excellent filling. The only change to ingredients I made was to use low fat cottage cheese, which doesn't seem to have made a difference. I made more, smaller parcels as a finger food for my New Year's Eve party. Instead of using whole phyllo sheets, I cut them in thirds lenghtwise (before folding recommended in step 6) and folded them to make triangles. The parcels disappeared VERY quickly.
Very similar to spanakopita I have made. Excellent taste! Thanks for posting.