Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family favourite pasta dish, jazzed up with olives and feta.
- 14 ounces fusilli
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 ounces black olives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, boil a kettle of water, then slowly pour over the spinach in a colander until it wilts. Shake off the excess water, then put the spinach into a food processor.
- Add the garlic, oil, half of the cheese and most of the pine nuts to the processor with the spinach, then pulse to a pesto-like sauce. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Stir through the hot, drained pasta and serve topped with the olives and the remaining crumbled cheese and pine nuts.
Great dish! I was looking particularly for spinach and feta pasta with olives in it, and this hit the spot. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Bargain Basement March 2012.