This is a yummy, healthy, low carb breakfast option.
Make and share this Spinach and Feta Omelet (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sea salt and chopped onions and blend together with a wire whisk.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan, and then add the egg mixture, tipping the pan to make sure the egg mixture covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on medium heat, until the underside is lightly browned, and then add the spinach and the crumbled feta cheese.
- Lift one side of the omelet with a spatula and fold it in half.
- Reduce the heat, and cook until the inside of the omelet is cooked (less than a minute or so).
- Use a spatula to slide the omelet onto a plate and serve!
I love omelets for breakfast, dinner, anytime. This omelet turns out wonderfully. Spinach is one of my favorite ingredients in omelets, and the tanginess of the feta cheese was a wonderful addition to this omelet. I think a little seeded, chopped tomatoes would make a nice addition. Made for My-3-Chefs, Nov. 2009. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.