Recipe by SeriousMoms
This is a yummy, healthy, low carb breakfast option.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I love omelets for breakfast, dinner, anytime. This omelet turns out wonderfully. Spinach is one of my favorite ingredients in omelets, and the tanginess of the feta cheese was a wonderful addition to this omelet. I think a little seeded, chopped tomatoes would make a nice addition. Made for My-3-Chefs, Nov. 2009. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup spinach, chopped and cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sea salt and chopped onions and blend together with a wire whisk.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan, and then add the egg mixture, tipping the pan to make sure the egg mixture covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on medium heat, until the underside is lightly browned, and then add the spinach and the crumbled feta cheese.
- Lift one side of the omelet with a spatula and fold it in half.
- Reduce the heat, and cook until the inside of the omelet is cooked (less than a minute or so).
- Use a spatula to slide the omelet onto a plate and serve!