Delicious and easy to make and can be made in advance.Very savoury and perfect for a light lunch or dinner served with a green salad. I'm proud to say this is my very own recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 bunches spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled (as much as you like)
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 carton ricotta cheese, small carton
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Wash spinach and remove stalks.
- 2Place in bowl and microwave for a very short time- divide the spinach leaves into 2-3 bunches, cover and cook a bunch at a time.
- 3Spinach should be limp.
- 4Drain well- squeeze as much liquid from cooked spinach as you can.
- 5Chop roughly.
- 6Add finely chopped onion, the Feta, Romano and Ricotta Cheese.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Add ground nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 9Add lightly beaten egg.
- 10Set aside.
- 12Method: Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- 13Add eggs and a little milk.
- 14Beat well.
- 15Add the remaining milk and lastly the melted butter.
- 16Heat oil in crepe pan (or use spray).
- 17Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of crepe mixture into pan- enough to cover the base of the pan thinly and evenly.
- 18Cook over high heat for about 1 minute until mixture looks as though it is setting on the top and the underneath is lightly browned.
- 19Turn crere over and cook the other side for about 1/2 a minute.
- 20Remove from pan and place on piece of waxed paper.
- 21Continue until all the crepe mixture is used up.
- 22This recipe should yield approx.
- 2312 crepes.
- 24Place wax paper between crepes as you remove each one from the pan.
- 25ASSEMBLE THE CREPES------------.
- 26Place even amounts of Spinach mixture in the centre of each crepe.
- 27Fold crepe into a'parcel' and place in lightly greased baking dish.
- 28I usually have enough mixture for 8 crepes.
- 29Over the crepes spoon some Italian Tomato Sauce (easy to make)- onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 30And then sprinkle lots of grated mozarella cheese!
- 31Place in moderate oven about 15-20 minutes.
- 32This recipe may seem fidley to some or alot of work but it's not really- believe me.
- 33The recipe is always nicer a day old and re-heated.
- 34Typing the recipe out has got my salivary glands going- I think I'll have to make it soon again.
- 35Cooked, diced chicken can also be added to the Spinach mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 418.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: