Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A wonderful recipe I found in a brochure many years ago. It has been a favourite with dinner guests and consequently have been asked for a copy of the recipe many times. Enjoy
- Roughly chop the spinach.
- Warm the chicken stock.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the garlic.
- Add the spinach and gently fry with a lid on for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the flour and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock stirring at all times.
- Add the origanum and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the feta cheese, salt and pepper.
- After Feta has melted, stir in cream or low fat yoghurt (optional).
- Liquidize soup for a smooth creamy finish. Serve with a twirl of cream.
We loved this soup! So easy and delicious. Very good, creamy soup base to compliment the bitterness of the spinach. We did not liquidize it this time, but probably will next time just to try it a little differently. Great either way!
Wonderful! Swirling in cool yogurt at the end adds a nice tang. To make it healthier next time, I'll try olive oil instead of butter and skip the flour. Thank you!
This is a soup lovers delight! I made as posted using cream, but I am sure it would be just as good using yogurt or half and half. I thought the spinach looked very appealing as it was so didn't liquidize, although I am sure doing so would make for a lovely creamy soup. Tasting as wonderful as it did I will give liquidizing a go next time around! Thank you for sharing - this has been added to my favorites.