A wonderful recipe I found in a brochure many years ago. It has been a favourite with dinner guests and consequently have been asked for a copy of the recipe many times. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roughly chop the spinach.
- 2Warm the chicken stock.
- 3Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the garlic.
- 4Add the spinach and gently fry with a lid on for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the lid, add the flour and mix well.
- 6Add the chicken stock stirring at all times.
- 7Add the origanum and nutmeg.
- 8Simmer for 45 minutes.
- 9Add the feta cheese, salt and pepper.
- 10After Feta has melted, stir in cream or low fat yoghurt (optional).
- 11Liquidize soup for a smooth creamy finish. Serve with a twirl of cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 624.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: