Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, well drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cream (half and half)
- 1 deep dish pie shell (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop onion and saute in oil 5 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach in the 3 tablespoons oil and continue cooking, stirring often until all liquid is gone.
- Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust and bake degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Very yummy even my teenager loved it. I agree though that the salt is too much. Enjoy it .
This was yummy, though I agree with the other reviewer that a whole teaspoon of salt would be too much. I added just a dash, which was fine. Feta is already pretty salty. It was a good way to use up leftover cottage cheese, too.
I love Quiche, especially Spinach, but this was wonderful, my husband liked it too. It tasted like a fine restaurant quality.!!