1/1 Photo of Spinach and Feta Calzone
This is a take-off of a Cooking Light recipe (Stuffed Focaccia with Spinach and Feta, I think). I made a few alterations and this has become quite the regular in our rotation! It is very quick and chock full of wonderful Greek flavors. Make sure to use a slotted spoon when transferring the filling to the crust, otherwise this can get a bit too moist. Note: if you use the crust recipe referenced here, FYI the filling goes together in about the time it takes for the crust to rise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (I always use Ladypit's Oops, It's a Fat Free Pizza Crust)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I HIGHLY recommend sundried tomato and basil flavored!)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add 1/2 the spinach and cook down until well wilted. Add the other half and cook down. Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 4Roll out crust on a sprayed baking sheet. Using a SLOTTED SPOON (very important!) transfer spinach mixture to bottom half of crust.
- 5Pull the top of crust over filling and pinch closed all the way around. Using a sharp knife cut a few slits in the top of the crust for steam.
- 6Bake 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 528.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: