Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is a take-off of a Cooking Light recipe (Stuffed Focaccia with Spinach and Feta, I think). I made a few alterations and this has become quite the regular in our rotation! It is very quick and chock full of wonderful Greek flavors. Make sure to use a slotted spoon when transferring the filling to the crust, otherwise this can get a bit too moist. Note: if you use the crust recipe referenced here, FYI the filling goes together in about the time it takes for the crust to rise!
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was delicious and full of comforting Italian flavors. I omitted the pine nuts (too big and expensive of a bag for 3 T) and added some parmesan on top. I will definitely be making this one again! Added it to my "Made it, Loved it" cookbook. Made for PRMR.
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (I always use Ladypit's Oops, It's a Fat Free Pizza Crust)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I HIGHLY recommend sundried tomato and basil flavored!)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the spinach and cook down until well wilted. Add the other half and cook down. Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Roll out crust on a sprayed baking sheet. Using a SLOTTED SPOON (very important!) transfer spinach mixture to bottom half of crust.
- Pull the top of crust over filling and pinch closed all the way around. Using a sharp knife cut a few slits in the top of the crust for steam.
- Bake 15 minutes.