Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband said this might be the best salad I've ever made! Many of the ingredients came from my garden. The original recipe for the dressing is from The Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, but I reduced the amount and changed the ingredients to be lower fat. You may want to adjust the salt because I did not add anymore than what is in the fish sauce (which is pretty salty) to my recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 whole cucumber, sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 teaspoons asian fish sauce
- 2 large scallions roughly chopped whites and greens
- 6 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Put the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fish sauce, scallions, basil, garlic and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and pulse until combined.
- Dress the salad and toss, or serve it on the side.