Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A salad for spinach and fennel lovers. Easy and simple.
- 9 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1⁄4 lb chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 lb pecans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Remove thick stalks from spinach and tear leaves into salad bowl.
- Trim leaves from fennel and reserve.
- Slice fennel bulb and add with nuts to the bowl.
- Put olive oil and seasonings in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake well to blend.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Garnish with fennel leaves.
awesome flavors the oil and vinegar should be reversed in the amounts - other than that this was great
Very nice salad! People loved it last night; exept the fact it has WAY TOO MUCH wine vinegar. I realized it before dressing the salad and added up quite a bit of honey (another 4 or 5 teaspoons) and still couple of people found it to be too strong for their taste. Otherwise very fresh and tasty! Tanks
Put this recipe in your cookbooks then go out and find some fresh fennel. This is just a fantastic salad with all the components nicely balanced. My fennel bulb was fairly large and I found that one was sufficient. I used walnuts, and highly recommend that you lightly roast them before adding to the salad, as it brings out the richness of the nuts. I can't wait to make this for friends and family, knowing