Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from the "Creme de Colorado" cookbook, it is the best Spinach salad I've ever had! Very easy to prepare, in fact, it can all be prepared ahead and just tossed together when ready to eat. This is also the best Poppyseed dressing I've ever eaten. I fixed this last night and hardly ate anything BUT the salad, it's that good! Recipe makes 8 side salad servings, but if you want it as a main dish type salad I would figure on half the servings.
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 papaya, peeled and cut into 1/2 , pieces 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2, pieces
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
SESAME and POPPY DRESSING
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients except oil in blender and blend until well combined. Slowly drizzle in oil until dressing is thickened and set aside.
- Mix spinach and fruits when ready to serve and add dressing and toss.
- NOTE: If dressing is prepared ahead and refrigerated, be sure to take it out before serving as it will be too thick to toss, let sit out at room temperature so it can reliquify.