Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An elegant salad with a delicious maple syrup vinaigrette. The recipe says that each bite will be deliciously different, depending on what your fork picks up. Recipe is from Gourmet Today.
- 59.14 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml shallots, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml pure maple syrup
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Belgian endive, thinly sliced on a long diagonal
- 283.49 g baby spinach leaves
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped and toasted (about 3 1/2 oz.)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 78.07 ml danish blue cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together oil, shallot, vinegar, syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl until salt is dissolved. Add endives and spinach and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle salad with pecans, cranberries, and blue cheese.
This salad is delicious and presents beautifully. The photo I hurriedly took of my serving does not do it justice. I served to company and everyone really enjoyed it, including DH, who commented multiple times that he thought it was really good. I omitted the pecans for personal preference. Thanks for a keeper! Made for ZWT9.
I made this as written except for omitting the pecans. The dressing was absolutely fabulous and light and flavorful and all of the ingredients in the salad blended nicely. Thanks for a quick winner!