Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something that my Nee used to cook as a quick side dish. Don't be afraid, it really is a good dish despite the weird combination of ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- seasoning salt
- In a large skillet, saute your onion in the butter until translucent.
- Dump the frozen spinach into the skillet with the onion and add the 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep the spinach from sticking.
- Once the spinach is wilted and appears done, pour in the 2 eggs which have been whisked well.
- Stir continually until the egg turns white and the spinach appears "dry", but make sure not to overcook.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt (to taste) immediately before serving.
Absolutely yummy breakfast today!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe and threw this together in no time. I used egg substitute because I needed 1/2 an egg (plus it's nice to cut back on the fat) and everything else as listed. The combination of flavours was perfect and I can see myself having this for breakfast a lot! Made for Football Tag. Thanks Sherrybeth! :)