Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great one dish meal
- 3 cups any tomato sauce (homemade or bottled)
- 4 Japanese eggplants or 4 small eggplants, halved crosswise then sliced into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) bagpre washed Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 lasagna noodles (not no boil)
- Heat oven to 450 dgrees.
- Toss eggplant slices with olive oil garlic 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Arrange in single layer on oiled baking sheet.
- Bake until tender, about 12 minutes, tuning once.
- Cook spinach in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- When cool enough to handle,squeeze excess water end chop finely.
- Mix together Ricotta cheese, egg yolk, spinach and parmesan, add 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, mix well.
- Cook lasangne noodles as directed on package, until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Spoon two cups tomato sauce into 13 by 9 baking dish.
- lay out lasagne noodles on work surface, spread 1/3 cup filling over each noodle, cover with slice of eggplant.
- Roll up each noodle and arrange seam side down over tomato sauce.
- Brush top of noodles with water, and spoon remaining tomato sauce down middle of each roll.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed green salad.