Recipe by Ricky Henry-Davies
i love spicy food and dhals (lentil curry) and never seem to make the same one twice as i'm always making different versions, this i made last night and it is divine!
- 500 g split red lentils
- 1500 ml vegetable stock
- 500 g spinach, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic, crushed
- 44.37-59.16 ml fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 14.79 ml tomato puree
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- wash lentils in cold water till water runs clear.
- add veg stock and simmer till cooked about 40 mins add more water if dry.
- meanwhile fry in little oil onion and garlic cook 10 mins.
- add ginger and spices cook 3mins.
- add tomatoes and spinach cook 5mins.
- throw into lentils.
- serve with rice and chutneys.