Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
i love spicy food and dhals (lentil curry) and never seem to make the same one twice as i'm always making different versions, this i made last night and it is divine!
- 500 g split red lentils
- 1500 ml vegetable stock
- 500 g spinach, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic, crushed
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- wash lentils in cold water till water runs clear.
- add veg stock and simmer till cooked about 40 mins add more water if dry.
- meanwhile fry in little oil onion and garlic cook 10 mins.
- add ginger and spices cook 3mins.
- add tomatoes and spinach cook 5mins.
- throw into lentils.
- serve with rice and chutneys.
Delicious! My lentils were done in 15 minutes, but everything else went exactly like written. Nice blend of spices. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014
Flavorful and hearty!
Such a simply prepared curry and really full of flavour, we loved this, and so did my friend who is a huge dahl fan, I made extra for her :). Goes to show recipes don't have to be complex to be excellent! Thank you for this, made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2012.