Recipe by dyve_leighdee
A low fat tasty frittata. I have researched the nutrition info on the various company websites for their products and came up with significantly different values. Per serving I came up with: Cal-105; Fat-2g; Sat Fat-0;Sodium-209mg; Potassium-90mg; Fiber-1.5g; Protein-15.25g...these values are for the non-produce items, overall value will be different
- 4 mushrooms, close-cap
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 ounces spinach, canned
- 2 cups veggie crumbles (Morningstar Farm crumbles)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute, Southwest
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onions and press garlic. In a wok or skillet sprayed with cooking spray, saute onions and garlic.
- Once translucent add sliced mushrooms and spinach. Cook until mushrooms reduce in size.
- In another skillet (capable of going in the oven) place Morningstar Farms crumble while still frozen and season to taste. Cook over medium heat until mostly thawed, then add veg mixture.
- Once completely thawed, ensure mixture is spread evenly across pan and pour egg beaters evenly over mixture, reduce heat to approx 3 on an electric stove.
- Continue cooking until egg begins to solidify, feel free to ease egg on the sides of the pan away and allow the free flowing egg to flow underneath.
- When mixture is just about firm, place under broiler to complete the process, once done remove from oven and place green onion, tomatoe on top. Dust with bread crumbs and place back under broiler just until egg starts to brown. Remove and enjoy.