Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet but am planning on making a few changes due to some situations in my life. I have A LOT of olive dip (green olives blended with cream cheese and garlic powder) and wanted to use it in a recipe. We'll see how it turns out. I'm planning on using fresh spinach also. Should be interesting! :)
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets (or other fish)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can spinach
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 crushed garlic clove
- 4 Ritz crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Blend the cream cheese and spinach in a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, nutmeg, and salt
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray
- Arrange the fillets on the pan and slice a slit down the fish.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the fish, flattening it so that it seeps in the slit (this isnt' TRUE stuffed fish -- a lot will just be spooned over the top)
- Sprinkle Ritz or bread crumbs over fish
- Bake for 8 minutes until fish flakes with a fork.
- *I didn't use all of the cream cheese mixture, so I recommend saving the left over and using it as a spinach dip! My husband loves it on wheat thins or chips! The recipe will actually be closer to 135 calories since you won't use all the mixture most likely.
Not bad, but rather bland. I added red pepper flakes and onion to the spinach/cream cheese mixture to spice things up a little, but even then it was missing something. When I reheated it, I shredded some good sharp cheddar cheese over the top... mmmm.... made it MUCH better! Overall, it's a nice way to make tilapia, but I suggest doctoring it up a little to enhance whatever flavor(s) you prefer.