- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 small yellow onions or 1 small shallot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach leaves well-remove stems and slice leaves very thin; set aside.
- Whip the cream cheese with lemon juice and zest if using; set aside.
- Dice onion or shallot; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Add the spinach and onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes. You want the onion slightly translucent and the spinach wilted. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1-2 tbsp butter in the same pan over medium heat.
- Whip the eggs well with the whole milk and pour into the hot pan.
- Allow eggs to cook slowly, allowing eggs to almost set completely.
- Pour 1/2 the cheese mixture over 1/2 of the omelette, add the spinach onion mixture; sprinkle on the nutmeg, salt and pepper, and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the omelette over, turn off heat and let stand for 3 minutes.