Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request.
Make and share this Spinach and Cream Cheese Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- Wash spinach leaves well-remove stems and slice leaves very thin; set aside.
- Whip the cream cheese with lemon juice and zest if using; set aside.
- Dice onion or shallot; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Add the spinach and onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes. You want the onion slightly translucent and the spinach wilted. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1-2 tbsp butter in the same pan over medium heat.
- Whip the eggs well with the whole milk and pour into the hot pan.
- Allow eggs to cook slowly, allowing eggs to almost set completely.
- Pour 1/2 the cheese mixture over 1/2 of the omelette, add the spinach onion mixture; sprinkle on the nutmeg, salt and pepper, and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the omelette over, turn off heat and let stand for 3 minutes.
Thanks for posting the recipe. It was very well written and easy to follow (especially for someone like me who really does hate to cook).
I dont know what it was, but there was way too much filling. I only used half of the cream cheese mixture and it was still too much. I would just suggest using half of everything or adding more eggs. I forgot the nutmeg, but added cheddar cheese and it ended up tasting really good - but it was a bit overkill halfway through eating it.
I made this recipe as followed and it was outstanding! The only differences: I had to halve the recipe for one. The recipe had no problem being halved and tasted great! Next time, I might try to make the omelette a little healthier by either reducing the butter or cooking in spray canola oil. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for the excellent recipe DiB!