I created this recipe by trying to recreate these great enchiladas I had at LaFrontera in Salida, Co. They are a yummy vegetarian main course and also make a good side dish.
- 453.59 g bag frozen spinach
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 white corn tortillas (you may need more or less depending on how much filling you put into each enchilada)
- 297.66 g can green enchilada sauce
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Mix spinach, garlic, green onions, cream cheese, and monterey jack cheese in large bowl.
- Place approximately 3 tbsp of spinach mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll them up.
- Place filled tortillas side by side seam side down in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix enchilada sauce and sour cream in small saucepan simmer over low to medium heat stirring frequently.
- Cover with Shredded Pepper Jack cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove enchiladas from oven and cover with sauce mixture serve immediately.