1/1 Photo of Spinach and Cream Cheese Enchiladas
just steffy's Note:
I created this recipe by trying to recreate these great enchiladas I had at LaFrontera in Salida, Co. They are a yummy vegetarian main course and also make a good side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 white corn tortillas (you may need more or less depending on how much filling you put into each enchilada)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Mix spinach, garlic, green onions, cream cheese, and monterey jack cheese in large bowl.
- 2Place approximately 3 tbsp of spinach mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll them up.
- 3Place filled tortillas side by side seam side down in casserole dish.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile mix enchilada sauce and sour cream in small saucepan simmer over low to medium heat stirring frequently.
- 6Cover with Shredded Pepper Jack cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 7Remove enchiladas from oven and cover with sauce mixture serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Cream Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.4
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.7 mg
- Sodium 1288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 33.7 g