Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a take on chicken cordon blu that I created when I realized I didn't have the ingredients. This is a very simple and fast recipe which is what I need as I feed a family of 8 everynight. You can make as much as you need but this recipe is for 6. My kids and hubby really enjoyed it including my 2 year old! Thats a plus.
- Thaw chicken breast and pound flat between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Do this to all 6 peices.
- In a medium size bowl soften cream cheese, add crab meat and shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Put a layer of Spinach leaves down on the flattened chicken breast and fill the center of the chicken breast with crab meat mixture.
- Roll chicken breast up like a pinwheel tucking under the ends so all the crabmeat mixture is inside the chicken breast roll.
- Put in a glass baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Let stand 3 mins before serving to let cheeses settle a bit.
- I serve this with a mixture of mayo/mustard sauce or you can serve with a preferred dipping sauce of your own if desired.