Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the book 'Entertaining with Cranks'. The page with this recipie has dropped out, therefore I have adapted it. It is absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, finely diced
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces creamed coconut, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 pint single cream
- black pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- add the onions and the garlic and gently cook until transparent.
- add the potato and fry for 5 minutes longer.
- add the spinach and the vegetable stock and simmer until the potatoes are cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
- put into the blender and blend thoroughly.
- return to the saucepan and a low heat.
- add the creamed coconut and stir until melted.
- add the single cream.
- add plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
I made this last night and it was fabulous. Due to a mix-up between two recipes, however, I used a whole can of coconut cream instead of the 4 oz of creamed coconut. Also seasoned it with some hot curry powder. Next time I hope to try it with the creamed coconut, but this way bears repeating.