This came from the book 'Entertaining with Cranks'. The page with this recipie has dropped out, therefore I have adapted it. It is absolutely delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 2add the onions and the garlic and gently cook until transparent.
- 3add the potato and fry for 5 minutes longer.
- 4add the spinach and the vegetable stock and simmer until the potatoes are cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
- 5put into the blender and blend thoroughly.
- 6return to the saucepan and a low heat.
- 7add the creamed coconut and stir until melted.
- 8add the single cream.
- 9add plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.2
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: