Recipe by YummySmellsca
A light, fresh starter for your next Spring or Summer dinner party. Rich in antioxidants, healthy fats and vitamins.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blackberries (or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (for a nut free version use sunflower seeds or omit) or 3 tablespoons almonds (for a nut free version use sunflower seeds or omit)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl (or small blender), mash the blackberries until no chunks remain.
- Stir in the orange juice, vinegar and oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad serving bowl toss together the spinach, grapefruit segments, orange segments, onion and mushrooms.
- Pour the dressing over top of the salad and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with the chopped walnuts and serve immediately.